I have had the pleasure of working with young couples who both want to try to change difficult patterns that have emerged in their relationship, or who want to talk about the parameters of their relationship and how they negotiate such issues as parenting, work/life balances, finances, and other important matters.
This is really a discussion about how a middle ground may be found between two individuals' beliefs and values. These are valuable conversations to be had no matter the length of time the couple have been together.
Talking with me about your hopes and dreams for the way you and your partner relate is important. Your health as individuals and a couple will benefit.
I am trained to provide couple and family therapy, and value its use as part of treatment for clients referred to my practice. Let's discuss whether this approach would be of interest to you.
Useful contact numbers for help and support:
- Parent Line NSW - 1300 30 1300
- Kids Helpline - www.kidshelpline.com.au / 1800 55 1800
- MensLine - 1300 78 99 78
- Suicide Call Back Service - 1300 659 467
- The NSW Mental Health Helpline - 1800 011 511
- The National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service - 1800 RESPECT or 1800 737 732
- Relationships Australia - 1300 364 277
- Lifeline - 13 11 14